THE CULTIVATED ARTIST
AN INTENTIONAL ONE-YEAR EXPERIENCE IN
CULTIVATING YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE AND CREATIVE WORK
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2017
Join us in 2017 for A Journey to Wholeness.
If you are interested in joining next Cultivated Artist Experience in 2017,
please fill out the Artist Profile Application below.
The Grove Center for the Arts & Media is pleased to announce the launch of our Cultivated Artist Experience. Uniquely designed to give artists of all disciplines the opportunity and space to intentionally cultivate their spiritual life and creative work over one year, the Cultivated Artist Experience will provide you Christian community, the spiritual formation of your heart, soul and mind and a dynamic creative environment to develop your artistic gifts.
You will... enjoy this one-year creative experience on a journey to wholeness with a small group of 12-15 artists through four quarterly meetings: 2 Grove Getaways and 2 Grove Evening Gatherings. During this one-year experience, you will choose what kind of creative focus you'd like to have for the year, which you'll share with your Community Group. If you are looking for a community experience with deeply committed artists, we invite you to join us.
Photos from our October Cultivated Artist Getaway
Here's How You Will Benefit from The Cultivated Artist...
- You will be surrounded by artists with a deep love for God, creativity & the arts.
- You will learn specific truths, principles and practices for becoming fruitful & thriving.
- You will be rested, refreshed, and renewed in God's beautiful creation.
- You will be making a sound investment in your personal and professional life.
- You will experience the benefits of spiritual direction, creative coaching & vocational guidance.
- You will be able to participate in a private online Community Forum (optional).
- You will explore, experiment, and cultivate creative ideas and dreams.
- You will develop deeper focus, momentum, execution and completion of your creative work.
- You will enjoy great meals (we bring our own chef!), rest, laughter and new friendships.
Interested in Joining Us in 2017?
We just launched our first Group #1 in June, 2016. We have not yet decided if our 2017 Group #2 will begin in June or Fall 2017. We'd love to hear your thoughts!
Please Fill out the Artist Profile Form below...
The Grove always works hard to keep costs down for artists. The cost for the entire one-year program is $949.00 per person (non-refundable). The Grove offers several flexible payment options. That breaks down to an investment in your personal and professional life for just under $83.00 a month!
Once accepted, there is a $250.00 non-refundable payment due, which will go towards the 2017 Gathering & Getaway. If you're intrigued by The Cultivated Artist, as a next step, please fill out our Artist Profile form. Like a great art show, we will do our best to curate the participants for each Community Group based upon background, artistic discipline, experience, etc.
Once we hear from you, we will schedule a phone call to discuss your responses, determine if our next group is a good fit for you and payment options.
(Filling out this application does not commit you to joining or making any payment.)
What Creative Dreams Are in Your Heart? Do you want to...
- Explore your God-given creativity?
- Write new songs & record a CD?
- Create a new series of paintings?
- Write, direct or film a new movie?
- Choreograph a new dance or show?
- Develop an arts organization?
- Create assemblage art?
- Shoot a body of work?
- Create new recipes?
- Become a better actor?
- Learn animation or graphic design?
- Write a novel, book, play or screenplay?
- Sculpt? Throw pottery? Design jewelry?
- Launch a new blog or creative ministry?
Cultivated Artist - Group #1
First Gathering in San Clemente
Cultivated Artist FAQ
1. The Cultivated Artist program is designed to help you thrive in your spiritual and creative life.
2. It's not a conference or big church thing. It's simple, small, intentional and relational.
3. There are 4 quarterly meetings in the year: Two evening Gatherings & 2 Getaway Retreats. Even if you are traveling from out of state, your presence is requested at each meeting. We do not Skype artists "in".
4. You select your creative focus for the year.
5. You determine what kind of challenge, feedback or support you'd like from the group.
6. You must be "All In". You are committing to participate in each quarterly meeting. You and everyone in the group benefits by your full participation. That said, we do recognize there are births, deaths, and illness. If you are unable to make a meeting, you still have access to all materials and resources.
7. There will be optional coffee meetings, a private Facebook group and video conferencing in between meetings.
8. This is not an Artist-In-Residency program.
9. You are responsible for your own travel. For artists traveling for the 2 Evening Gatherings, we will offer the option of free overnight housing with a local family to keep costs down.
10. You will have shared housing and meals in community. In some cases, individual rooms may be available.
Cultivated Artist Registration
After you fill out your Artist Profile Form and you have been accepted into the program, your next step is to send in your $250.00 non-refundable deposit or make your payment in full. Please use the Paypal links below or send a check to our office. Once we receive your payment, we will email you more details.
$949.00 Payment in Full
Mail checks to:
The Grove Center for the Arts & Media
351 Calle Burro
San Clemente, CA 92673
*Due to the number of responses we receive, we can't guarantee that everyone will be able to participate in the next group.